Friday, 23 September 2011

Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza


I had pinned (my Pinterest) a fig, prosciutto and blue cheese pizza recipe from Centsational Girl (please check out her recipe here) about 2 weeks ago and was dying to try it. But, of course, I was out shopping and hadn't bothered to write down the ingredient list so I had to wing it. I forgot it was supposed to be blue cheese but I'm a goat's cheese fan anyway so it was a good mistake. This is the recipe we came up with. It's a fantastic combination of the salty prosciutto, the creamy goat cheese and the sweet figs.

After I made the first pizza on Monday my 19 year old son requested it again on Wednesday. Now that's the sign of a good pizza!

The key to this is the "sauce." I can't stand those canned sauces from the store and that's what has always ruined our home pizza. So I picked up a jar of black olive tapenade (it's in the same place as the pizza sauces) instead. It's great as a tapenade too (I know, shocking) but we used the whole jar on two pizzas.

This is a very rich pizza because of the goat cheese. I found two slices was more than enough. You can add other things to it as desired. We threw on some ham we had in the fridge and some extra olives would have been great.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I didn't think of taking any during the process and I had limited time after because of a hungry family. I will make this again and will hopefully add some decent photos of the process.


Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients for 2 pizzas

2 thin pizza crusts
1 jar black olive tapenade (I used PC Black Olive Tapenade
100g prosciutto, thinly sliced then cut into bite sized pieces
6 black figs, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1 small package soft, unripened goat cheese
Shredded mozzarella

Spread tapenade over pizza crust, leaving the edge plain. Add your toppings evenly and cover with mozzarella cheese as desired. Bake according to the directions for your pizza crust (ours said 6-8 minutes at 450 but we found it didn't take the full 6 minutes before the cheese was bubbly and the crust was nice and brown). Slice and enjoy.


Linking up to Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comment: